WHO WE ARE:
Tealium is the leader in real-time unified marketing solutions, helping brands seamlessly integrate their siloed applications and data, and drive more profitable interactions across all digital touchpoints. Tealium’s open real-time Universal Data Hub (UDH) is a platform that enables digital marketers, data and analytics, and IT the ability to manage, govern, enrich, activate, and own their overarching corporate data strategy, reducing chaos and building better customer experiences.
Founded in 2008, Tealium is the most trusted vendor in its space and its award-winning solutions are used by hundreds of global enterprises, including Ancestry.com, T-Mobile, Microsoft, HP, Uber, Facebook, Kimberly-Clark, LDS Church, Petco, American Airlines, Priceline, Univision, Orange, Sony, and many others.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Tealium is seeking an innovative Channel Sales Manager to be responsible for growing Tealium’s revenue within the eastern region through the proactive management of resellers, referral partners and focused business development activities. The primary objective of this role is sustained and consistent revenue generation within a defined territory. The ideal candidate will have excellent business development and presentation skills, and the ability to continuously assess business opportunities, review market conditions, and deliver updates internally and externally to help synthesize business development plans. The channel sales manager will be responsible for the development of territory business plans, the development and execution of a go-to market plan for individual partners, measurement of channel success, identification of potential competitors, planning and participating in targeted seminars, industry conferences, and trade shows. The successful candidate will maintain strong working relationships internally with marketing and product management, and externally with partners, market influencers, systems integrators and customers. They will also need to monitor the latest innovations in the tag management/data management market and assess their potential impact on company product lines.
YOUR DAY TO DAY:
• Identify and develop new market opportunities for Tealium’s solutions
• Ability to qualify, develop and manage a robust pipeline to exceed quarterly and annual goals
• Develop compelling business value propositions that encourage Resellers, SI’s and Market Influencers to invest in promoting Tealium solutions
• Leverage and develop existing Channel relationships with Resellers, SI’s and Market Influencers to maximize revenue and reduce the sales cycle
• Develop and implement a territory business plan to maximize the growth opportunity in the eastern region and facilitate greater market acceptance of Tealium’s solutions
• Provide primary management level contact for designated channel partners and ensure that quality standards are set and met. These standards include revenue targets, reporting requirements, and technical expertise in the Reseller, Referral and Market Influencer community
• Ability to work well in a team environment, especially with other departments to ensure partner and customer satisfaction
• Ensure partner representation at relevant internal forums and appropriate events e.g. user groups, tradeshows etc.
WHY YOU ARE THE PERFECT FIT:
• You bring a minimum five years of channel sales experience, selling enterprise solutions to large organizations and deep familiarity and understanding of the agency world
• You possess a rolodex of current contacts at agencies and consulting groups within the eastern region
• You have and can illustrate experience working within teams to drive revenue through partnerships, alliances and channel programs, preferably in a saas software and digital marketing vertical
• You obtain the ability to expand the scope of an opportunity at a strategic and tactical level and galvanize the appropriate resources to execute successfully
• You demonstrate strong ethics, integrity, and the passion to succeed in a challenging but rewarding environment
• You can exhibit effective planning and cross-group collaboration skills required to successfully build and maintain a robust channel infrastructure
• You demonstrate strong initiative and superior ability to think creatively, coupled with excellent presentation, written, and overall communication skills
• You have the ability to travel as opportunity requires (50%)
• You are based on the east coast of North America, preferably New York
• You have a proven track record of managing complex sales situations through resellers and referral partners, and have had substantial success in developing new markets and establishing a comprehensive indirect channel.
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK HERE:
The highly relevant and differentiated positioning of Tealium and our Universal Data Hub (UDH) make this a unique career opportunity that could be once in a lifetime. Organizations from small businesses to large global enterprises are standardizing on Tealium to drive improvements in their overall data and digital efforts, and we are a foundational platform to the smartest organizations and their strategy moving forward. There are over 750 global enterprises now using Tealium and we have >92% renewal rates, which is best in class. Plus, who wouldn’t want to enjoy a flexible work from home schedule and the perk of a corporate headquarters location in Sunny San Diego! Our office space in Torrey Pines is just minutes from the beach and surrounded by beautiful hiking trails. Our beautiful location is just one of the many perks we offer! At Tealium we dress casual (but professional), enjoy the perks of a competitive paid time off policy, rich benefit plans, company holidays, 401(K) match, and Employee Stock Options - just to name a few. Not to mention we get to surround ourselves with amazing colleagues we enjoy working with daily.